I love this idea because it truly turns my jewelry into art displayed on the wall. It is super easy and makes accessorizing so much easier!
What to get:
- Wooden drawer (mine were found at garage sales)
- Screw hooks & screw eyes sized to your liking (I used brass sized 7/16, 5/8 and 1/2 found at ACE Hardware)
- Washers sized to your hooks (optional/also found at the hardware store)
- 2 saw hook hangers
What to do:
Like I said, super easy! Simply screw your hooks & washers wherever you'd like them, attach your saw hook hangers to the back, hang your jewelry and wala - you are organized and artsy ;)
- Keep in mind that rings don't necessarily have to hang. My cocktail rings sit fine in the slots I left free of hooks.
- It can get difficult fitting your hand into the slots so tools can come in handy. I used pliers on one drawer and the other - I was lucky enough to find a drawer that actually disassembled which made the project go by much quicker.
- I found that washers helped when my screws were to long. I ended up liking the look of them and added more. In some cases I doubled & tripled them up for a fun aesthetic.