Thursday, July 5, 2012

DIY Jewelry Wall


I love this idea because it truly turns my jewelry into art displayed on the wall. It is super easy and makes accessorizing so much easier!



What to get:
  • Wooden drawer (mine were found at garage sales)
  • Screw hooks & screw eyes sized to your liking (I used brass sized 7/16, 5/8 and 1/2 found at ACE Hardware)
  • Washers sized to your hooks (optional/also found at the hardware store)
  • 2 saw hook hangers


What to do:
Like I said, super easy! Simply screw your hooks & washers wherever you'd like them, attach your saw hook hangers to the back, hang your jewelry and wala - you are organized and artsy ;)

                         

Tips:
  • Keep in mind that rings don't necessarily have to hang. My cocktail rings sit fine in the slots I left free of hooks. 
  • It can get difficult fitting your hand into the slots so tools can come in handy. I used pliers on one drawer and the other - I was lucky enough to find a drawer that actually disassembled which made the project go by much quicker.
  • I found that washers helped when my screws were to long. I ended up liking the look of them and added more. In some cases I doubled & tripled them up for a fun aesthetic. 


Best of luck! Feel free to contact me with any questions or tips you might have!






No comments:

Post a Comment